Taste the Açaí Bowl
This version uses a very simple base so that you can taste the delicious, tart flavour of the açaí berry! In fact, this is the more common way of serving açaí in Brazil, as opposed to elaborate smoothie bowls commonly found in North America. The toppings can be replaced with any of your favourites, you can find some ideas on our blog about açaí bowl ingredients here. The bowl can be made into a gut friendly, keto smoothie by using stevia or monk fruit in place of honey/maple syrup and reducing or eliminating the banana. A nutritious, tasty breakfast for all! We hope you enjoy!
Makes 2 servings
- ½ cup Inner Glow Superfoods açaí purée (170g or almost 2 servings)
- ¼ cup water
- 3 ice cubes
- ½ banana
- Squirt of sweetener of choice (honey/maple syrup, or monk fruit/stevia for lower sugar version)
Toppings (optional, can be changed for your favourites!)
- Cacao nibs
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Thaw frozen açaí purée by leaving it in the refrigerator or thawing in the microwave until soft.
- Add açaí purée, water, ice cubes and banana into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into two bowls, and add toppings to the top of each for some added crunch!
- Dip your spoon in and enjoy the authentic taste of the delicious açaí berry!